.

Saturday, March 9, 2019

Fool Chapter 14

FOURTEENON TENDER HORNSI nookieged a ghost, verbalise Drool, wet, naked, and forlorn, sitting in the laundry cauldron under Castle Gloucester.Theres ceaselessly a bloody ghost, verbalize the laundress, who was scrubbing the l bulges clothes, which had been most be repellinged in the moat. It had realizen four of Lears men, along with me, to pull the great git from the nasty soup.No excuse for it, really, utter I. Youve the lake on three sides of the fortification, you could open the moat to the lake and the offal and stink would be carried a elbow room with the current. Ill wager that single day they experience that stagnant water leads to disease. Breeds hostile water sprites, Ill wager.Blimey, youre long-winded for such a wee vaporizeow, verbalize the laundress.Gifted, I explained, gesturing grandly with J cardinals. I, similarly, was naked, that for my hat and pecker stick, my eat got app bel having taken a glazing of oozy moat repair during the rescue as well.So und the alarm Kent came storming slash the steps into the laundry, brand unsheathed and followed closely by the deuce young squires hed trounced non an moment before. Bolt the door To arms, take upHello, say I.Youre naked, verbalize Kent, once again feeling the emergency to voice the obvious.Aye, state I.Find the catchs kit, lads, and get him into it. Wolves atomic number 18 loosed on the fold and we must defend.Stop state I. The squires stopped whac pansy wildly nigh the laundry and stood at attention. Excellent. straightway, Caius, what be you on almost?I shag a ghost, verbalize Drool to the young squires. They belie they couldnt hear him.Kent shuffled for state of ward, held back some by the alabaster grandeur of my nakedness. Edmund was set with a dagger fini discombobulate his ear, pinned to a high-backed chair.Bloody slipshod eater he is, accordingly.Twas you who put him there, Pocket. And you cognise it.Moi? Look at me? I am small, weak, and common, I could never Hes called for your head. He hunts the castle for you even instantly, say Kent. I swear I saw steam coming out his nostrils.Not difference to spoil the Yule celebration, is he?Yule Yule Yule chanted Drool. Pocket, sewer we go see Phyllis? Can we?Aye, lad, if theres a pawnbroker in Gloucester, Ill take you soon as your kit is dry.Kent raised a s sporting ladyled porcupine of an heart and soulbrow. What is he on about?Every Yule I take Drool d take in to Phyllis Steins pawnbrokers shop in London and let him sing Happy Birthday to Jesus, then turnabout the tapers out on the menorah. precisely the Yules a pagan holiday, said one of the squires.Shut up, you twat. Do you want to ruin the twits fun? Why are you here, anyway? Arent you Edmunds men? Shouldnt you be trying to put my head on a pike or something?Theyve c menstruateed allegiance to me, said Kent. After the beat up I gave them.Aye, said squire one. Weve more to learn from this good knight.Aye, said squire two. And we were Edgars men, anyway. Lord Edmund is a scoundrel, if you dont mind me truism, sir.And, dear Caius, said I. Do they know that you are a penniless commoner and cant really swear a fighting twitch as if you were, opine oh, I dont know the Earl of Kent?Excellent point, Pocket, said Kent. Good sirs, I must release you from your service.So we wont be paid, then?My regrets, no.Oh, then well take our leave.Fare thee well, dungeon your obtain up, lads, said Kent. Fightings done with the whole body, non only the sword.The two squires left wing the laundry with a bow.Will they tell Edmund where were hiding? I acquireed.I intend not, but you better get your kit on just now the same.Laundress, how progresses my motley?Steamin by the fire, sir. Dry enough to wear indoors, I reckon. Did I hear it right that you put a dagger through Lord Edmunds ear?What, a mere ingest? No, silly daughter. Im harmless. A jab from the wit, a poke to the pride are the only injuries a fo ol inflicts.Shame, said the laundress. He de servicings that and worse for how he treats your dim fellow She looked away. and others.Why didnt you just kill the scoundrel outright, Pocket? asked Kent, kicking ghost senseless and rolling it up in a rug.Well, just abuse it out, will you, you great lummox.Aye, exchangeable youd never do such a thing, Top of the morning grim weather were having Ive started a bloody warEdmund has his own war.See, you did it again.I was coming to tell you when I assemble the girl ghost having a go at Drool. therefore the lout leapt out the window and the rescue was on. The ghost implied that the bastard might be rescue by France. Maybe hes allied with bloody King Jeff to invade.Ghosts are notoriously unreliable, said Kent. Did you ever consider that you might be mad and hallucinating the whole thing? Drool, did you see this ghost?Aye, I had a half a laugh wif her before I got frightened, said Drool, sadly, contemplating his tackle through the steamy water. I fink I gots deaf on me willie.Laundress, sponsor the lad wash the death off his willie, would you?Not bloody kindredly, said she.I held the tip of my coxcomb to stay any jingling and bowlegged my head to show my sincerity. real, love, ask yourself, What would Jesus do?If he had smashing knockers, added Drool.Dont help.Sor-ry.War? Murder? Tr all(prenominal)ery? reminded Kent. Our plan?Aye, right, said I. If Edmund has his own war it will completely bollocks up our plans for civil war amid Albany and Cornwall.All well and good, but you didnt answer my question. Why didnt you just slay the bastard?He moved.So you meant to kill him?Well, I hadnt legal opinion it through completely, but when I sent his dagger at his eye socket I believed that there might be a fatal out add. And I must say, although I didnt stay to revel in the moment, it was very satisfying. Lear says that cleansing takes the place of bonking in the ancient. Youve killed a multitude of chaps, Ken t. Do you let that to be the case?No, thats a disgusting thought.And yet, with Lear lies your loyalty.Im beginning to wonder, said Kent, sitting down now on an overturned wooden tub. Who do I serve? Why am I here?You are here, because, in the expanding honest am queen-sizeduity of our situation, you are steadfast in your righteousness. It is to you, my banished friend, that we all turn a light amid the dark dealings of family and politics. You are the moral backbone on which the rest of us hang our bloody bits. Without you we are merely writhe masses of desire writhing in our own devious bile.Really? asked the old knight.Aye, said I.Im not sure I want to b enunciate and butter company with you lot, then.Not like anyone else will exact you, is it? I learn to see Regan before my bastard ear piercing poisons our cause. Will you take her a message, Kent er, Caius?Will you put on your trousers, or at to the lowest degree your codpiece?Oh, I sound out. That had always been part of the plan. and then I will feature your message to the duchess. key her no, ask her if she still holds the candle she contractd for Pocket. Then ask her if I may meet her somewhere private.Im off, then. But try to vie not to get murde inflamed while Im gone, fool.Kitten said I.You poxy minuscule vermin, said Regan, in glorious red. What do you want?Kent had led me to a chamber far in the bowels of the castle. I couldnt believe that Gloucester would house princely guests in an abandoned dungeon. Regan must acquire somehow ensnare her own way here. She had an affinity for such places.You received the letter from Goneril, then? I asked.Yes. What is it to you, fool?The lady confided in me, said I, bouncing my eyebrows and displaying a magical grin. What is your thought?Why would I want to dismiss fathers knights, let unsocial take them into my service? We have a small army at Cornwall.Well, youre not at Cornwall, are you, love?What are you saying, fool?Im saying that your child bade you come to Gloucester to intercept Lear and his retinue, and thus stop him from going to Cornwall.And my lord and I came with great haste.And with a very small force, separate?Yes, the message said it was urgent. We needed to move quickly.So, when Goneril and Albany arrive, you will be away from your castle and nearly defenseless.She wouldnt dare.Let me ask you, lady, where do you think the Earl of Gloucesters allegiance lies?He is our ally. He has opened his castle to us.Gloucester, who was nearly usurped by his eldest son you think he sides with you?Well, with Father, then, which is the same thing.Unless Lear is aligned with Goneril against you.But she relieved him of his knights. He ranted about it for an hour after his arrival, called Goneril every foul come upon under the sun, and praised me for my sweetness and loyalty, even overlooking my throwing his messenger into the stocks.I said zilch. I removed my coxcomb, scratched my head, and sat on some insensate in strument of torture to observe the lady by torchlight and watch her eye as the rust ground off the twisted gears of her mind. She was simply lovely. I thought about what the anchoress had said about a wise homosexual only expecting so much perfection in something as its reputation allows. I thought that I might, indeed, be witnessing the perfect machine. Her eyes went coarse when the realization hit.That bitchAye, said I.Theyll have it all, she and Father?Aye, said I. I could tell her anger didnt arise from the betrayal, but from not having thought of it first. You need an ally, lady, and one with more influence than this humble fool can provide. Tell me, what do you think of Edmund the bastard?Hes fit enough, I suppose. She chewed a fingernail and concentrated. Id shag him if my lord wouldnt murder him or come to think of it, maybe because he would.Perfect said I.Oh Regan, patron saint of Priapus,38 the most slippery of the sisters in disposition preciously oily, in discourse, deliciously dry. My venomous virago, my sensuous smoothy of serpents thou art truly perfection.Did I love her? Of course. For even though I have been accused of being an egregious horn-beast, my horns are tender, like the snails and never have I hoisted the horns of lust without Ive taken a prompt from Cupids barb as well. I have loved them all, with all my heart, and have learned many of their names.Regan. Perfect. Regan.Oh yes, I loved her.She was a beauty to be sure there was none in the kingdom more comely a face that could inspire poetry and a body that exalt lust, longing, larceny, treachery, perhaps even war. (I am not without hope.) Men had murdered each other in competition for her favors it was a hobby with her husband, Cornwall. And to her credit, while she could mold a face as a bloke bled to death with her name on his lips, she was not tight-fisted with her charms. It only added to the tension around her that someone was going to be shagged silly in the near f uture, and how much more thrilling if his deportment hung by a thread as he did the deed. In fact, the promise of violent death might be to the princess Regan like the nectar of Aphrodite herself, now that I think of it.Why else would she have called for my death all those old age ago, when I had so diligently served her, after Goneril had left the White reign to wed Albany. It had begun, it seems, with a bit of jealousy.Pocket, said Regan. She was perhaps eighteen or nineteen at the time, but unlike Goneril, had been exploring her womanly powers for years on various lads about the castle. I find it offensive that you gave personal direction to my sister, yet when I call you to my chambers I get postal code but tumbling and singing.Aye, but a song and a nightfall seem all thats needed to lift the ladys spirits, if I may say so.You may not. Am I not fair?Extremely so, lady. Shall I compose a rhyme to your beauty? A ravishing tart from Nantucket Am I not as fair as Goneril? foll owing to you, she is less than invisible, just a shimmering envious vacuum, is she.But do you, Pocket, find me attractive in a carnal way the way you did my sister? Do you want me?Ah, of course, lady, from the morning I wake, I have but one thought, one vision of your deliciousness, under this humble and unworthy fool, writhing naked and making monkey noises.Really, thats all you think about?Aye, and from time to time breakfast, but its only seconds before Im back to Regan, writhing, and monkey noises. Wouldnt you like to have a monkey? We should have one around the castle, dont you think?So all you think of is this? And with that, she shrugged off her fit out, red as always, and there she stood, raven-haired and violet-eyed, snowy fair and finely fit, as if carved by the gods from a solidity block of desire. She stepped out of the pool of bloodred velvet and said, Drop your puppet stick, fool, and come here.And I, ever the obedient fool, did.And oh it led to many months of cl andestine monkey noises howling, grunting, screeching, yipping, squishing, slapping, laughing, and no little bit of barking. (But there was no flinging of poo, as monkeys are routine to do. Only the most decent, forthright monkey sounds as are do from proper bonking.) I put my heart into it, too but the trifle was soon crushed beneath her cruel and delicate heel. I suppose I shall never learn. It seems a fool is not so much taken as a medicine for melancholy, as for ennui, incurable and pass off among the privileged.Youve been spending a lot of time with Cordelia of late, said Regan, basking glorious in the gentle glow of the afterbonk (your narrator in a sweaty puddle on the bedside floor, having been summarily ejected after rendering noble service). I am jealous.Shes a little girl, said I.But when she has you, I cannot. Shes my junior. Its not acceptable.But, lady, its my duty to restrict the little princess smiling, your father has commanded it. Besides, if I am otherwise e ngaged you can have that sturdy fellow you fancy from the changeless, or that young beefeater of the guard with the pointy beard, or that Spanish duke or whatever he is thats been about the castle for a month. Does that bloke speak a word of English? I think he may be lost.They are not the same.I felt my heart warm at her words. Could it be real fondness?Well, yes, what we share is They rut like goats theres no art to it, and I become flat of shouting instructions to them, especially the Spaniard I dont think he speaks a word of English.Im sorry, milady, said I. But that said, I must away. I stood and pull together my jerkin from under the ward adorn, my leggings from the hearth, my codpiece from the chandelier. Ive promised to teach Cordelia about griffins and elves over tea with her dolls.Youll not, said Regan.I must, said I.I want you to stay.Alas, parting is such sweet sorrow, said I. And I kissed the downy dimple at the small of her back.Guard called Regan. absolve? I i nquired.Guard The door to her solar opened and an alarmed yeoman looked in. Seize this scoundrel. He hath ravaged your princess. She had conjured tears, in that short span of time. A bit of a wonder, she was.Fuckstockings, said I, as two stout yeomen took me by the arms and dragged me down to the great hall in Regans wake, her dressing gown open and flowing out behind her as she wailed.It seemed a familiar motif, yet I did not feel the confidence that comes with rehearsal. Perhaps it was that Lear was truly holding court before the people when we entered the great hall. A stock certificate of peasants, merchants, and minor noblemen waited as the king heard their cases and made judgments. Still in his Christian phase, he had been reading about the wisdom of Solomon, and had been experimenting with the rule of law, sentiment it quaint.Father, I insist you hang this fool immediatelyLear was taken aback, not only by the shrillness of his daughters demand, but by the fact that she sto od frontally bare to all the petitioners and made no effort to close her red gown. (Tales would be told of that day, of how many a plaintiff, having seen the snowy-skinned princess in all her glory, did hold his unfairness pitiful, indeed, his life worthless, and went home to beat his wife or drown himself in the mill pond.)Father, your fool hath profaned me.Thats a fluttering bottle of flicker wank, sire, said I. Begging your pardon.You speak rashly, daughter, and you appear frothing-dog mad. Calm yourself and state your grievance. How hath my fool offended?He hath shagged me roughly, against my will, and finished too soon.By force? Pocket? He isnt eight stone on a spread head day he couldnt shag a cat by force.Thats not true, sire, said I. If the cat is distracted with a trout, then well, uh, nevermind He violated my virtue and spoiled my staring(a)ity, said Regan. I insist you hang him hang him twice, the second time before hes finished choking from the first thatll be f itting justice.I said What has put vengeance in your blood, princess? I was just going to tea with Cordelia. Since the little one wasnt present, I hoped invoking her name might awaken the king to my cause, but it only seemed to incense Regan. strained me down and used me like a common tart, said Regan, adding preferably more pantomime than the petitioners in the hall could bear. Several began to beat their fists to their heads, others enamorbed at their groins and sank to their knees.No said I. Ive had many a wench by stealth, a few by guile, a number by charm, a pick up by mistake, the odd harlot for coin, and, when all else has failed, Ive made do by begging, but by Gods blood, none by forceEnough said Lear. Ill hear no more. Regan, close your robe. As I have decreed, we are a kingdom of laws. There shall be a trial, and if the rascal is found guilty, then Ill see him hanged twice myself. Make way for a trial.Now? asked the scribe.Yes, now, said Lear. What do we need? A couple of chaps to do the prosecuting and defending, grab a few of those peasants for witnesses, and with due process, habeas corpus, fair weather and whatnot, well have the fool dangling black-tongued before tea. Will that suit you, daughter?Regan closed her robe and turned away coyly. I suppose.And you, fool? Lear winked at me, none too subtly.Aye, majesty. A jury, perhaps, chosen from that same group as the witnesses. Well, one has to make an effort. From their reaction I would be acquitted, on a who could blame him al-Qaida justifiable shaggicide, theyd call it. But no.No, said the king. Bailiff read the charges.The bailiff plainly hadnt written up charges, so he unrolled a scroll on which was written something entirely unconnected to my case, and faked it The Crown states that on this day, October fourteenth, year of Our Lord, one thousand, two hundred, and eighty-eight, the fool known as Pocket, did with forethought and malice, shag the virgin princess Regan.There was cheering from the gallery, a little scoffing from the court.There was no malice, said I.Without malice, then, said the bailiff.At this point, the magistrate, who normally functioned as a castle steward, whispered to the bailiff, who normally was the chamberlain. The magistrate wishes to know how was that?Twas sweet, yet nasty, your honor.Note that the accused hath say that it was sweet and nasty, thereby admitting his guilt.More cheering.Wait, I wasnt ready.Smell him, said Regan. He reeks of sex, like fish and mushroom and sweat, doesnt he?One of the peasant witnesses ran forth and sniffed my bits mercilessly, then looked to the king, nodding.Aye, your honor, said I. Im sure I have an odor about me. I must confess, I was sans trou today in the kitchen, while awaiting my laundry, and Bubble had left a casserole out on the floor to cool, and it did trip me and I fell prick-deep in gravy and goo but I was on my way to chapel at the time.You put your dick in my lunch? said Lear. Then to the bailif f, The fool put his dick in my lunch?No, in your beloved daughter, said Regan.Quiet, girl barked the king. Captain Curan, send a guard to watch the bread and cheese before the fool has his way with it.It went on like that, with things looking rather grim for me as the evidence mount against me, peasants taking the opportunity to describe the most lecherous acts they could imagine a wicked fool might perpetrate on an unsuspecting princess. I thought testimony of the sturdy stable boy particularly arouse at first, but eventually it led to my acquittal.Read that back, so the king may hear the true heinous nature of the crime, said my prosecutor, who I believe butchered cattle for the castle as his normal vocation.The scribe read the stable boys words Yes, yes, yes, ride me, you crashing tree-cocked stallion.Thats not what she said, said I.Yes, it is. Its what she always says, said the scribe.Aye, said the steward.Aye, it is, said the priest.S, said the Spaniard.Well, she never says th at to me, said I.Oh, said the stable boy. Then its Prance, you twig-dicked little pony, is it?Possibly, said I.She never says that to me, said the yeoman with the pointy beard.Then there was a moment of silence, while all who had spoken looked around at one another, then furiously avoided eye contact and found spots on the floor of great interest.Well, said Regan, chewing a fingernail as she spoke, there is a chance that, uh, I was having a dream.Then the fool did not take your virtue? asked Lear.Sorry, said Regan sheepishly. It was but a dream. No more wine at lunch for me.Release the fool said Lear.The crowd booed.I walked out of the hall side by side with Regan.He might have hung me, I whispered.Id have shed a tear, said she with a smile. Really.Woe to you, lady, should you leave that rosebud asterisk of a bum-hole unguarded on our next meeting. When a fools surprise comes unbuttered, a Pockets joyfulness will a princess punish.Oooo, do tease, fool, shall I put a candle in it so you can find your way.HarpyRascalPocket, where have you been? said Cordelia, who was coming down the corridor. Your tea has gone cold.Defending big sisters honor, sweetness, said I.Oh bollocks, said Regan.Pocket dresses the fool, but he is ever our hero, isnt he, Regan? said Cordelia.I think Im going to be ill, said the elder princess.So, love, said I, rising from my perch on the torture machine and reaching into my jerkin. Im delight you feel that way about Lord Edmund, for he has sent me with this letter.I handed her the letter. The seal was dodgy, but she wasnt looking at the stationery.Hes smitten with you, Regan. In fact, so smitten he tried to cut off his own ear to deliver with this missive, to show you the depth of his affection.Really? His ear.Say nothing at the Yule feast, tonight, lady, but youll see the bandage. Mark it as a protective cover of his love.You saw him cut his ear?Yes, and stopped him before the deed was done.Was it painful, do you think?Oh yes, lady. He has already suffered more than have others in months of conditioned you.Thats so sweet. Do you know what the letter says?I was sworn not to look upon pain of death, but come close She leaned close to me and I squeezed the witchs puffball under her nose. I believe it speaks of a midnight rendezvous with Edmund of Gloucester.

No comments:

Post a Comment